Race, Privilege & Identity Training
Understanding race, privilege, and identity in your work and workplace.
Duration: 1.5-hrs or 3-hrs
As human beings we all have multifaceted identities comprised of race, ethnicity, gender, religion, ability, socioeconomic status, and many others. Some of these identities afford us privileges and some of them do not, and this can vary by time and place. Identity and privilege are difficult concepts to consider, especially regarding your work and workplace.
This training will educate and empower participants to identify key aspects of their identity, determine in which ways they may be privileged or disadvantaged, explore their racial identity and how it interacts with racial privilege in the United States, and analyze how all of this impacts the workplace.
- What are the visible and invisible intersecting aspects of my identity?
- Which aspects of my identity afford me privilege, and which do not?
- What is racial identity? Where do I lie along the privilege spectrum in relation to race?
- What is the history of racial privilege in our society and how does that relate to me?
- How do identity, privilege, and race impact my experience at work and the experiences of those around me?
What You Will Learn
Employees and Managers gain a deeper understanding of:
- The different components of your identity, how identities afford you privileges or disadvantages.
- Your racial identity, gained a deeper understanding of the history of racial privilege in the U.S. and explored how your racial identity fits into the racial context in the U.S.
- How identity, privilege, and race play out in the workplace and developed tools to create a more inclusive work culture